Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Homemade Pizza!

My mom makes the best pizza ever. Tastier than Papa John's, and way better than the greasy Pizza Hut pizza.
We make our own dough and then top it with delicious sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, parmesan, spices, black olives, peppers, onions, and whatever we want. :) Mama makes sections of each pizza with the toppings that each of our family members enjoy.

Here's how we make our dough:

Take 1 package of yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 cup of hot water, and stir together in large bowl.

Let that sit for 10 minutes to let the yeast activate. :)

Add 2 Tablespoons of oil, then add your flour - We use 1 cup of whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose - mix well.

Let rise. :)

Makes 1 pizza. We usually make two and double this recipe. :) I do, after all, have two hungry teenage brothers. :)

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word Julia! The pizza looks absolutely scrumptious! =) Hehehe, I wish our homemade pizza had that kind of crust... the crust on our pizza is always so flat. =P lol
Hmm... looking at that picture is making my mouth water. ;-)

~Madison

arielle said...

Mmm I make homemade pizza myself too! Its sooo good!! I never tried making it till I moved here to Romania, pizza is very gourmet here, good, but very thin crust and not much sauce! I missed "American" pizza so much so I started experimenting with making it at home and now I think its the best thing ever!! hehe.

arielle said...

Mmm I make homemade pizza myself too! Its sooo good!! I never tried making it till I moved here to Romania, pizza is very gourmet here, good, but very thin crust and not much sauce! I missed "American" pizza so much so I started experimenting with making it at home and now I think its the best thing ever!! hehe.

Elizabeth said...

This pizza recipe looks simply delicious! I will have to try it sometime! Thanks for posting, Chef Julia!
~Elizabeth~

Felicia said...

Oh my, that looks so yummy! What temperature and heat do you use to bake you pizzas at? I'd love to try this recipe!